Family-Based Immigration

Many people can immigrate to the United States through family members who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents (green card holders). U.S. citizens can petition for their parents, spouses, children, and brothers and sisters. Lawful permanent residents can petition for their spouses and unmarried children. Parents, spouses, and children under age 21 of U.S. citizens are eligible to immigrate without waiting. Everyone else must wait for a visa to become available. The U.S. State Department posts a Visa Bulletin every month indicating the availability of immigrant visas that month.

We assist clients in analyzing the best path to lawful permanent residence and in all aspects of petitioning for relatives, including collecting documentation, drafting sworn declarations, filing immigrant petitions, preparing family members for interviews, and representing them at interviews with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Contact us for a consultation regarding family-based immigration petitions.