Family-Based Immigration Petitions

Many people can immigrate to the United States through family members who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents (green card holders). U.S. citizens can petition for their parents, spouses, children and brothers and sisters. Lawful permanent residents can petition for their spouses and unmarried children. Parents, spouses and children under age 21 of U.S. citizens are eligible to immigrate without waiting. Everyone else must wait for a visa to become available. The U.S. State Department posts a Visa Bulletin every month indicating the availability of immigrant visas that month.

We assist clients in analyzing the best path to lawful permanent residence and in all aspects of petitioning for relatives, including collecting documentation, drafting sworn declarations and filing petitions.

Contact us for a consultation regarding family-based or other immigration petitions.