» Green Card

I was arrested for a minor crime. Will that affect my immigration status? Do I need a criminal lawyer?

Many arrests and convictions have negative effects on immigration status and applications. This is true even for minor charges and misdemeanors. A lawful permanent resident can be put into removal proceedings. Charges and convictions can lead to the… Read More
Read More

I am a U.S. citizen; can I file for my parents?

U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old may file immigrant petitions on behalf of their parents. After a petition is granted, parents overseas have to attend an interview at a U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy in order to obtain lawful permanent res… Read More
Read More

Can I get my Green Card without leaving the U.S.?

We are asked this question several times a week. The answer, like so many in immigration law, is “it depends.” Generally, people seeking lawful permanent residence (a “green card”) must be interviewed at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy. However,… Read More
Read More