» Family-Based Immigration

Am I eligible for a provisional waiver under the new August 29, 2016 rule?

Maybe.  In 2013, USCIS began to adjudicate provisional waiver applications before the immigrant traveled to his or her home country.  If USCIS grants a provisional waiver, the immigrant then leaves the United States and goes to an interview at the… Read More
Read More

I am a U.S. citizen; can I file for my parents?

U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old may file immigrant petitions on behalf of their parents.  After a petition is granted, parents overseas have to attend an interview at a U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy in order to obtain lawful permanent r… Read More
Read More

Can I get my Green Card without leaving the U.S.?

We are asked this question several times a week.  The answer, like so many in immigration law, is “it depends.”  Generally, people seeking lawful permanent residence (a “green card”) must be interviewed at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.  How… Read More
Read More